God Hates? YES! Perfectly.
God (Jesus) Hates? YES! Perfectly.
If you are a friend of the world and thus an enemy of God(James 4:4), truly repent (confess & forsake all sin) with child-like faith, humble yourself, and go to “The Way to The Cross” study here https://goo.gl/Qetm4H.
A HIGHLY RECOMMEND book for Christians to read to help understand how the OT was a foreshadow of the NT and how harmonious they truly are https://goo.gl/ESgx7z
Then read What is Biblical Perfection https://goo.gl/vepJ4P.
The lie of Imputed Righteousness https://goo.gl/2CAkyB
God does not hear sinners https://goo.gl/wNFLZv
Jesus is NOT a friend of sinners https://goo.gl/tdbd8A
The “Romans 7 Wretch” and “saved in sin” lie https://goo.gl/rC5Ha2
A Christian has NO “filthy rags”! https://goo.gl/15VNZe
What is “tithing”? https://goo.gl/hJvsTF
“Paid Pastors”? https://goo.gl/JxJYoj
One of the greatest truths missing in the “Main St Church” is they NEVER preach what and whom God hates. For God perfectly loves and perfectly hates. God is, unlike us, perfect in ALL His attributes. Thus, hatred, fury and jealousy are completely perfect and righteous when expressed on the part of God.
For example, when a human is jealous, it’s usually a selfish, cowardly notion based on a sense of personal offense due to loss of control or possession and consequently, a demeaning of our ego. The spirit of extreme human jealousy is inherently evil, in many instances, consuming the persons whole being and terrorizes it’s victims! But when God is jealous for us, it is proper and good.
There is only one being like God, perfect & just. Unlike us, He is able to perfectly hate and perfectly love at the same time. He loves the sinner in the sense that He desires for him to turn from his rebellion and return to Him, and OFFERS the mercy, pardon and means for him to do so. At the same time, He hates the actions, attitude of heart and motives of all selfish beings. Without selfish beings, there would be no sin in the world, thus to hate sin apart from the sinner would be logically inconsistent. This is necessarily the case if He loves His children.
“The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.” -Psalm 5:5
“The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.” -Psalm 11:5
“All their wickedness is in Gilgal,
For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds
I will drive them from My house;
I will love them no more.
All their princes are rebellious.” -Hosea 9:15
- At times, His righteous hatred extends to entire peoples:
“As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.” -Rom. 9:13
- And to show just how personal this hatred is, we find this list, breaking His hatred down by individual parts of the sinner (perceptions, speech, actions, motives, volition):
“These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.” -Prov. 6:16-19
- Having said all this, redeemed children of God under the New Covenant understand that since their attributes are not exhaustively perfect like those of God, there is no basis for hating anyone. Quite the opposite is enjoined to us by our Master:
“You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.” -Lev. 19:17
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you” -Mat. 5:43-44
“So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.” -Luke 10:27
- We are to correctly diagnose the current state of the sinner (the much-discussed righteous judgment, labeled “hate” by unrepentant sinners), warn them of coming judgment and present the offer of love, grace and pardon through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
LIST OF ACTS & PEOPLE(s) GOD HATES:
1. Homosexual acts (Leviticus 18:22).
2. Bestiality (Leviticus 18:23)
3. Idols, and the materials used to make idols (Deuteronomy 7:25)
4. Blemished sacrifices (Deuteronomy 17:1)
5. Worshipping the sun, moon or stars (Deuteronomy 17:3-4)
6. Divination (Deuteronomy 18:10)
7. Astrology (Deuteronomy 18:10)
8. Enchanters (Deuteronomy 18:10)
9. Witches (Deuteronomy 18:10)
10. Charmers (Deuteronomy 18:11)
11. Wizards (Deuteronomy 18:11)
12. Necromancers (Deuteronomy 18:11)
13. Transvestitism (Deuteronomy 22:5)
14. The hire of a whore (Deuteronomy 23:18)
15. Remarriage to a former wife after she has been married to another man (Deuteronomy 24:4)
16. Dishonest scales (Deuteronomy 25:13-16)
17. Workers of iniquity (Psalm 5:5)
18. The wicked (Psalm 11:5)
19. Those who love violence (Psalm 11:5)
20. The froward [perverse] (Proverbs 3:32)
21. A proud look (Proverbs 6:16-17)
22. A lying tongue (Proverbs 6:17)
23. Hands that shed innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17)
24. A heart that devises wicked imaginations (Proverbs 6:18)
25. Feet that are swift in running to mischief (Proverbs 6:18)
26. A false witness who speaks lies (Proverbs 6:19)
27. Anyone who sows discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:19)
28. Lying lips (Proverbs 12:22)
29. The sacrifices of the wicked (Proverbs 15:8)
30. The ways of the wicked (Proverbs 15:9)
31. The thoughts of the wicked (Proverbs 15:26)
32. The proud in heart (Proverbs 16:5)
33. Those who justify the wicked (Proverbs 17:15)
34. Those who condemn the just (Proverbs 17:15)
35. Vain sacrifices (Isaiah 1:13)
36. Feasts as Israel celebrated them (Isaiah 1:14)
37. Robbery for burnt offering (Isaiah 61:8)
38. Idolatry (Jeremiah 44:2-4)
39. Evil plans against neighbors (Zechariah 8:17)
40. False oaths (Zechariah 8:17)
41. Esau (Malachi 1:1-3; Romans 9:13)
[Actually, it’s “Jacob have I loved, and Esau have I hated” -ed.]
42. The Sinner (the disobedient) John 3:36
43. The deeds of the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6, 15)
44. “You shall not set up a sacred pillar, which the LORD your God hates” (Deuteronomy 16:22).
45. “I hate, I despise, your feast days” (Amos 5:21). This goes with Isaiah 1:14: “Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates.”
46. Romans 9:13 – “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”
47. Hos 9:15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDES ON THE SINNER:
John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not(does not obey) the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
Too many want their ears tickled and Jesus will not have it. If you are a willful sinner, you are NOT covered by Jesus. In fact, He does not even hear you (John 9:31).
If you are a friend of the world and thus an enemy of God(James 4:4), truly repent (confess & forsake all sin) with child-like faith, humble yourself, and go to “The Way to The Cross” study here.